Jul 23, 2014

Homeschool Planning Made Easy with Lessontrek!

The time has come. I am working through curriculum trying to figure out exactly what the little miss and I are going to do since we'll have all day every day to sit around and stare into each others' eyes. I won't lie... I quite nervous going into this. I probably have way more curriculum than I need and I can't figure out how I'll know what is best without actually sitting down and reading it all cover to cover. And then there's the horrible feeling like I'm doing it all wrong...

Luckily when it comes to actually laying it all out I have found this perfectly simple planning program: Lessontrek.

Click to enlarge my daughter's first week.

If you click the photo above you can see the basic set up. On my screencap, "GL" are my daughter's initials. You can set up each child's schedule separately if you have a multiple grade household, which is super awesome!


When creating the grade profile you manually enter subjects. It's my first year and I'm not really sure what I'm doing so we have a little bit of everything going on. Each subject can then be broken down in to graded assignments. We're not doing grades here (though I will write up assessments when I feel we've reached the "end" of something worth documenting). But I like that the scedule has room to add grades if I wanted.

Everything is so simple with Lessontrek. Just add information a little at a time until you wind up with a cohesive schedule. If you decide to move things around that's easy too! Just drag and drop...


You can copy weeks or blocks at a time and paste them accordingly. Everything winds up just how you need it to stay on track this year. I'm super stoked because with little to no effort I am passable as someone who knows what they are doing. :)

I plan to edit my schedule to add in assignments I might make up to fit a lesson, activities we've done to tie lessons together, or simple progress notes to help my record keeping during our journey.

How will you use your Lessontrek?


Lessontrek would like to offer ALL of my readers 50% off a 1 year subscriptions. amilies can get a full year access to Lessontrek for just $30!  Simply visit Lessontrek, click the $60 yearly subscription, and enter the code 2IOL50 in the Payment Info section. Your credit card will be charged $30 for a full year and then renew for $60 each year thereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment